Monday, October 30, 2006

Rahul Dravid press conference.

Rahul Dravid has done it again... He has very astutely pin-pointed the reason for their most recent failure. -
"The bowlers failed in the initial overs."
Awesome. I would never have guessed why India lost match against Australia if Dravid had not told me.

Also, he has said "This loss to Australia has been a good wake up call".. So what was this team's loss to West Indies and Australia in Malaysia? Was that just something the Indian team just hit the snooze button on?

So the loss to South Africa which is impending in the next two weeks.. will that be the reminder to brush their teeth and have breakfast? At this rate I think by the time they reach the World Cup the Indian team would be right on time to be reminded to have brunch. Well right now I would not regret if all of them die of hunger...

I have always been a fan of Rahul Dravid's press conferences. reminds me of a guy who used to work for my Friend's APpa

Friend's Appa : Yenda late?
Late Guy : Late Aiduchu saar
FA : Adhan da.. yean late???
LG : Late Aiduchu saar...

Or so the argument goes for the next 3 minutes... Rahul Dravid does not know the difference between an excuse and a reason. So when reporters are looking for reasons.. he gives excuses. What next ? Imagine this press conference after the assured South African debacle...

Dravid: We did not end up on the winnign side
Reporters : Why did you lose the match?
Dravid : Oh we lost the match...
Reporters : Really ? But why?
Dravid : Oh we lost the match....

I am waiting for that day.

2 comments:

sanjay said...

awesome!! That reminded me of my dad's Q & A sessions with Mohan (the guy who used to be late on most days, which I'll attribute to a bad hangover).

However, I thought this belonged in your autoselfservice blog. I was expecting to see reviews for Vallavan etc. Did u see 'Varalaaru'??

Escape.... Great Escape said...

Not yet. Have been slightly out of sorts... and it has been raining in Chennai. SO have not gotten to watch any of the new releases. I have to watch it.. and the argument was based on your Appa's conversation.. :-)